Whittington family

Whittington family

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy 7-Month Birthday!

What a sweet picture! I took this a few nights ago when Ian fell asleep in my lap. I can't begin to tell you what I feel when I look at this. What a perfectly made little hand! Every night when I put this sweet boy to bed I wonder what I did to get such a huge blessing. I look back and think about what a wonderful pregnancy I had. I don't think I really understood the enormity of my role at that time. But God chose me to be this little boy's mother. Wow! Each day I pray that I will be a better person, a more deserving person of this blessing, someone Ian will be proud to call "Momma," someone Frank can be proud to call his wife. I realize now what it means to be rich because I am - rich with love. These past seven months have been the most tired, crazy, wonderful, and fulfilling of my life. So, Happy 7-Month Birthday, my sweet baby boy. You have made our home the warmest, most loving place in this world. And Happy early 7-year Anniversary, Frank. You two have made me the happiest person in the world!

1 comment: